Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Purpose Driven Vision Boards

Many years ago I was introduced to vision boards. A vision board is any sort of board on which you display images that represent whatever you want to be, do or have in your life. Some people call them dream boards. The person leading the group asked us to find images that would describe our ideal business. Then we cut and pasted the images that we had chosen out of magazines onto a piece of Bristol board. The vision board we each made was supposed to help us clarify, concentrate and maintain focus on, in this case, our business. It was to represent our vision of the future and act as a visualization tool. It was supposed to prompt us to visualize our ideal life on a regular basis.
The challenge I had was, that this activity was done in a couple of hours and I felt rushed and I felt incomplete. There was no inner reflection time to get clear on what I really wanted. So I just grabbed images that I thought would work but was unhappy with my rushed finished product. As a result, I put the vision board away in a closet and didn’t look at it again until I moved house. It really was not a vision board for me.
Then due to my coaching business, I came across vision boards again but this time really looked into how to do one that would actually work. I took the time to really go into my thoughts, dreams, aspirations and then created a vision board that actually worked. I manifested what was on my board this time. In the case of Hawaii (which was on my board), I even manifested an all expense paid trip.
So what was the difference? The first vision board did not have a real intention behind it. I also put it away and did not see it daily as a reminder of what I wanted to manifest.
When I made the second vision board I had an intention and a purpose for making it. I took time to do some inner exercises so that I was really clear on what I wanted. I created a calm space and had some music playing in the background as I searched for my images in a relaxed mode. Another aspect of making a purpose driven vision board is that I was aligned through my heart with what was on the board. I was emotionally connected to what I put on that board. I even added emotional words to my board. I laid everything out before gluing and then rearranged until it felt right.
After I had finished the board I had the board in front of me daily and I was able to affirm the desires on the board. What we focus on expands so I made a point to visualize daily and sometimes twice a day. This helped me to be a vibrational match to what was on my board and activate the Law of Attraction.
I took appropriate action towards manifesting what was on my board.  I also became aware of some resistance in the form of old belief systems. Old stories and thoughts reared their head and I had to strengthen my resolve to stay focused on what was on my vision board. I had to bring myself back to the vibration that was present when I made the board. My future purpose driven vision. I made the decision to take responsibility for my life, and instead of just letting life happen to me, I stayed focused on my vision and how I wanted to feel.
The saying “A picture is worth a thousand words,” certainly holds true here. The purpose of your vision board is to bring everything on it to life. First, think about what your goals are in the following areas: relationships, career and finances, home, travel, personal growth (including spirituality, social life, education) and health. Decide on what area you want to do a vision board and then set the time aside to do it.
If you would like guidance around your purpose and some like-minded people around as you make your vision board, let me know as I have some dates set aside to do exactly that.
To your future purpose driven vision,
Charlene

No comments:

Post a Comment